Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Language does not always have to wear a tie and lace-up shoes."

On page 134, Stephen King says "Language does not always have to wear a tie and lace-up shoes." I really like that he said this because I hate when people think that perfect grammar and big words constitute good writing.
Honestly, I'd have to say that it's almost the other way around. For me, it's actually pretty boring reading writing that is all perfect like that (Ok, so I guess there IS a difference between GOOD writing and INTERESTING writing, but personally, I'd way rather read INTERESTING writing than "good" writing..) basically, think it's really cool that a famous writer like Stephen King would agree that good writing isn't all about grammar and having a huge vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment