Sunday, August 14, 2011

from Ally

My first impression of On Writing was that it wasn’t going to be a very interesting book. I personally don’t like reading too much, so I was not looking forward to reading a book over summer. I ended up going to the doctors & while I was waiting for the doctor to come in, I decided that I might as well start to read my book. As a began to read, I suddenly found myself at the part where King was having serious ear infections and had to go to the doctors for his painful treatment. I was completely grossed out at this point & I realized that I was sitting in a doctor’s office myself. I found that quite funny, but as I continued to keep on reading my book, I became more & more interested as I flipped every page. I was completely surprised on how interested I was in this book. As I was reading I noticed that this book didn’t have much about writing techniques. I found that it was a type of book that was trying to give you the urge to write, but not forcing you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment